Collection : Poems & Citations
Clarus was a muse for many poets.
Technote 31 (1989)
"A dogcow is what I want to be.
Pictured in dialogs,
Running through the weeds,
In and out of advertisements,
Loving my naughty deeds.
Feeling in black and white.
Over the edge of cliffs,
Out with the tide in the sea.
Living life to the fullest,
Sweet survival in 2 D. "
-- TechNotes #31 : see the original
But, i can't see the dogcow ? (1989)
"Aanal, Enacku Naiimadu Kaanali!"
--TechNotes #31 : see the original
Technote PT35 (1989)
"Yea, and if It will be done, even in spite,
Then lend Thine hand to the masses,
Lest It be done incorrectly or woefully worse
By those not versed the the ways of the Dogcow."
-- Clarus Memories, according to techNotes PT35
PowerPlant Book (1995)
"Mares eat oats and does eat oats
but Clarus is fond of ivy"
-- Jim Trudeau - The PowerPlant Book
" extending clarus' life 256 bytes at a time "
-- phar in Clarus.c
Save our dogcow
Source: petition (archive.org)
Some comments from the petition "Save our Dogcow"
- "MacOS w/o Clarus is like chocolate chip cookies w/o milk.", Brian M.
- "Moofin' is a sometime thing", Bill R.
- "Little things like this are important to me.", Tom W.
- "ra the big honey gives me nice", Balopasuga
- "I love OSX - but I love Clarus more!", Joshua R.
- "My Clarus baseball cap cries for justice!", Chris B.
- "d00ds!@# ph33r the dogcow!@#", Michael J.
- "You won't find a PC user smiling at a print dialog, will you?!?", Zoee S.
- "I think the cow should die and be make into steak", Mr. Bomb
- "How d'you explain the bite out of the Apple without Clarus?!", Jonathan C.
- "If we can't have her in Cocoa (NSClarus, anyone?), could we at least have her optimized for AltiVec, please?", BillK.
- "Mac OS without Clarus is like Windows without crashes.", Jamie M.
- "Clarus, we love you", Manu
- "Never change a winning Moof!", Manfred W.
- "Why would Jobs kill the DogCow? He is a vegetarian.",Peter G.
- "It's such a small thing - put Clarus back, so that we may all bask in her alpha-channeled drop-shadowed 2D visage.", Ryan H.
- "Nothing else is quite like the first Moof! of the day.", John E.
- "How will I know which way up my document is going to print without her?", Sam P.
- "Nuke the Humans, Save the Dogcow!!!", Jon M.
- "An indespensible tool for laserwriter setup!", Martin K.
- "We Moofs are a dying breed, please help save us.", Peter W.
- "All hail Dogcow the Benevolent!", Dan B.
- "The spirit of Clarus is the antidote to the Borg.", K.E.S.
- "That concert at Shea Stadium back in the '60s where Clarus took the world by storm... The classic "Infinite Loop" album... It brings a tear to my eye", J.S.P.
- "Nevermind the distortion", Meikel S.
- "Clarus for iCEO!!!", Sarah A.B.
" God knows I already suffer enough with the Windows machines
I am often forced to use and, bless Clarus, that I came back in from the cold. "
-- Angus Wong
" Strangely enough, I really don’t give a moof!
How can I? It’s just a lousy PC. "
-- Angus Wong
Hackers Can Sidejack Cookies (2009)
Source : newyorker (Poetry)
Before you reconfigure,
mount a scratch monkey.
A dogcow makes
a moof. An aliasing bug
can smash the stack.
-- Heather McHugh - The New Yorker